AT&T is challenging developers to submit recent Entertainment solutions, including games, or hack new entertainment solutions.
The AT&T Entertainment App Challenge invites developers, designers, and creators to hack the way we create and experience entertainment. Are you interested in developing mobile apps for the second screen, or working with technologies like AI, VR/AR/MR, IoT, or robotics to disrupt content consumption? Then, this challenge is for you. When submitting your entry, we encourage you to consider all scenarios in entertainment such as monetization, social, accessibility, immersion, virtual assistants, usability, e-sports, or whatever your passion. Join us!
- Individuals who are at least 18 years of age and an U.S. resident or citizen.
- Teams of Eligible Individuals (“Teams”)
- Organizations (including corporations, not-for-profit corporations and other nonprofit organizations, limited liability companies, partnerships, and other legal entities) that exist and have been organized or incorporated at the time of entry, and employ no more than 50 people (“Small Organizations”).
- Employees of AT&T or its affiliates are not eligible to participate.
- Teams must create an App, IOT or other technical solution focused on addressing the entertainment market.
- Submission must have been created after 01/01/2016 and be solely the work of the person, team or organization that submits the project.
- Submission must include a brief description of your solution and a demo video that may not exceed 5 minutes in total duration.
How to enter
Submit an entertainment app or solution that you have coded or published after January 1, 2016 or code a brand new solution and submit it. You may additionally enter our optional challenges for each category with descriptions below:
Best Use of 2nd Screen Technology: For this category, build a Technology to enhance the entertainment experience through the use of a mobile device or 2nd screen technology (e.g. VR, AR or wearable).
Best Next Generation Advertising or Distribution Solution: For this category, AT&T and Warner Bros. Technology are challenging developers to think of innovative approaches to advertising or content distribution through the use of AI, VR/AR, distributed ledger (blockchain), video content or other methods. Your goal is to change the way that people consume and/or interact with advertisements or content. Presented by Warner Bros. Technology.
Most Innovative Entertainment Experience Solution: For this category, build a Technology that provides the user with a unique entertainment experience through the use of technologies of your choice (e.g. IOT, AI, augmented reality, biometrics, location technologies). Presented by Warner Bros. Technology.
Best Gaming, Virtual Reality or Augmented Reality Solution: For this category, make an audience member feel like part of a film or game by creating an immersive storytelling experience through the use of virtual reality, augmented reality or other gaming technologies.
Director, Developer & Platform Evangelism, AT&T Mobility & Entertainment
Developer & Platform Evangelist, AT&T Mobility & Entertainment
Vice President, Emerging Technology, Warner Bros. Technology
Senior Manager, Emerging Technology, Warner Bros. Technology
SVP of Digital Operations, Product & Engineering, Warner Bros. Technology
EVP, Content Technology & Operations, Warner Bros. Technology
Ability to clearly articulate what your app does
Provide a succinct and clear description of what your app does both in your written description and in your video demo.
Originality of your idea
How original is the solution you created? How does it differ from what is already in the market place?
Difficulty of technical implementation
How technically difficult is the solution that you created? What technologies were used to create your entry?
Design and polish of the app
How interesting and polished is the design of the user interface? How intuitive and well thought out is the user experience?
Appropriateness to the theme
How well does the submission comply to the entertainment theme? Does it fit well into one of the categories of focus?